We are currently looking for a Senior Media Strategist to join our team.
If you're interested in applying, send us your resume at email@example.com.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a talented storyteller with a background in PR, tech or journalism. This senior strategist will be a counselor to a diverse range of clients — from startups and advocacy groups to investment funds and C-Suite executives — and develop creative, proactive media campaigns that will make news in today’s media environment. You will be expected to lead and manage strategic communications campaigns, cultivate a network of strong relationships with industry influencers and reporters and help drive business development efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with a keen interest in advising clients in tech, business and philanthropy on communications strategy. You need not have a communications background, but you should be able to think strategically about how to leverage your background for clients, identify ways to make news in the shifting media landscape and be just as comfortable navigating the pages of the Wall Street Journal ’s Business & Tech section as you are working with writers from Mic.
- You’ll direct day-to-day client relations and lead the production of high-quality deliverables for a variety of high-profile client campaigns.
- You’ll lead a team in devising media strategies, building media calendars and providing client roadmaps.
- You’ll assist with business development efforts, identifying and seizing opportunities to support our clients in the news cycle.
- You’ll think strategically about the shifting media landscape and identify ways of integrating your insights for existing and prospective clients.
- You’ll supervise and mentor junior team members.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in communications, tech, journalism and/or public affairs.
- You can write concisely and powerfully and adapt your writing for different platforms.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude that is equal parts determined and humble. You’re willing to move fast — very fast — and do the work that needs to get done.
- You thrive in team-based environments and know how to clearly and efficiently direct junior staff.
- You care about details — because they matter.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or more.
- You have strong relationships with reporters, editors and bloggers stemming from your prior work in the industry.
- You have experience providing communications counsel to executives, leaders or companies in high-stakes situations.
- You know that the tools our clients use to communicate are constantly changing and how to think about earned media in coordination with paid marketing campaigns.